Monday, April 27, 2009

HONEST

I always feel uneasy when I see someone's work blatantly copied (often with lesser quality than original) and sold under somebody else's name.

These beautiful pendants and bracelets by Vickie Turner from ThreeCheekyWenches.etsy.com is a completely different story. Vickie clearly adds her own voice to her source of inspiration ( Judy Belcher's work), which she references properly and honestly. With an interesting choice of colors and a great execution, Vickie's pieces would make Judy proud.

polymer clay jewelry
polymer clay jewelry
polymer clay jewelry

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the last bracelet shown! Yes, if a piece of work is inspired by and then accredited to, another artist, I also think that is fine. Amazingly the artists that do
    credit other's work, usually end up
    making their own pieces so unique that in some cases, accredition(is that a word?) may not even be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bracelets (at least I think they are bracelets). I am off to her shop to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails